I’m a firm believer in being prepared- nearly as firm a believer in my “only-plan-when-necessary” life. Looking into my purse the other day, I made a mental note to stuff more pens, grab that other empty notebook from home, pick up an extra pack of Kleenex at the dollar store, and switch out my lipstick. It was then that I realized exactly just how much of an emotional planner I’ve become as opposed to a physical planner. But, I mean, we are ladies- and we have way too many sizes and shape of purse to play around with
Hence the list (& thus an introduction to a new blog series): the top five things you can always find in my purse.
- Lipstick. As ridiculous as this sounds, this is one of those things I can just slick on and feel so much better about my life in the process. I do carry around two or three, and rotate them out based on mood and time- but I’m fairly religious about my lipstick and chapstick.
- Pens and notebook. Some girls collect shoes. This one collects scribbled-in notebooks like nobody’s business. I’m an English Major. I spent half of my school career learning how to adopt the habit of observing as I go, and I must say I’ve developed quite a few papers that way (not to mention graduated). Since I’m a writer to the core of my being, I carry a blank notebook wherever I go, have four or five or ten pens on hand (you know, in case one doesn’t work), and definitely speak into my phone when I’m driving and have an idea. Speaking of which.
- Phone & Earbuds. I kind of really appreciate this gadget. Whether it’s using maps, employing myself on social media (it’s 2017; that stuff can actually really pay bills if you let it, y’all), editing shoot photos on a timed budget, snapchatting my life away, or hiding behind the screen from a few creepy faces (let’s be honest, they exist), my phone is handy, and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon.
- Wallet & Keys. Because you need them. *rolls eyes*
- Sunglasses. We live in the desert, so naturally I have more than a few inexpensive pairs and rotate them out as I choose. Aviators are my favorite, but I also have classic cat-eye shapes for when I’m feeling red lipstick and Audrey Hepburn (it’s always the lipstick), bug-eye glasses for “I’m-literally-wearing-no-makeup” days, and round ones. This accessory is probably one I’ll forever sing the praises of. Thank you, inventor of sunglasses, for your contribution to my life.
- Pretty Lips: I do not have many ‘addictions’ in life but chap-stick/lip products are one thing I CANNOT live without! It could be gloss, lip stick or chap-stick. honestly I am not that particular. My other half, Aaron, will always catch me in the lip aisle at target… no shame!
- My Planner: Truthful Sierra and I are so different yet so alike. I am an avid planner. I am constantly writing down posting dates, phone meetings, and when my homework is due. I love to plan my days out and feel in control of what is going on in my busy 20-something year old life!
- Phone/Portable Charger: As a media lover (I am a self proclaimed Social Media Guru) I am ALWAYS on my phone. Sorry in advance if we ever meet up and I am on my phone, I will say its work related!
- SNACKS!: I have no shame in my love with food & snacks! Sierra and Aaron both know that if I get hungry things will go down hill and they will go fast! Cue the granola bar that is currently residing in my precious purse. This reason should be #1 on my list (but that is just embarrassing to list first!! ) This reason might be the sole reason that I tote my faithful purse around!
- Essential Oils: I am no doubt a Type-A personality gal. I am always on the go and I am always reaching for my goals. I am a busybody and have a hard time relaxing. Recently Essential Oils have been a must have for me in my life. Lavender oil has amazing benefits for me because it helps me relax a bit and can help my pesky headaches go away. (More coming on the amazing benefits of Oils!
So, what do you have in your handbag? What are some things you can’t live without? I have to say, reading through Micaylee’s list, I was reminded how key her #4 & #5 items are in my life as well. Good thing this is only a ‘top five’ list!
Micaylee & Sierra
Featured Bag: Jentou Black Fringe Leather Crossbody